Echo III Desktop
3슬롯을 가진 썬더볼트 3 PCIe 확장 시스템
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Mac with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter plus a Thunderbolt 2 cable (both sold separately).
- macOS® 10.12.6+
- macOS Big Sur compatible
- PC with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1809 or greater, see note)
- Important Note: Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
- Linux computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Linux Kernel 5.0+
PCIe Card Compatibility
For a list of compatible PCIe cards, view the PDF of Sonnet’s PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
- Desktop expansion system
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
- 12V power port
- 6-pin Mini-Fit Jr (same type as on legacy Mac Pro motherboard; provides up to 75W of power for PCIe cards that require supplemental power)
Expansion Slots (Facing Rear, Left to Right)(1)
- One x8 mechanical (x8 electrical) PCIe 3.0
- One x16 mechanical (x8 electrical) PCIe 3.0
- One x8 mechanical (x4 electrical) PCIe 3.0
PCIe Cards Supported
- One full-length, full-height, double-width PCIe card, plus one single-width card or
- Three full-length, full-height, single-width PCIe cards
- Universal 400W, 115-230V AC, 50-60 Hz(8)
- 0ºC to 35ºC (32ºF to 95ºF)
- 3.5 x 16.7 x 9 in. (8.9 x 42.4 x 22.9 cm)
- 9.7 lbs (4.40 kg)
- RoHS 3 (Directive 2015/863)
- IEC62368-1 and IEC62368-2
- Echo Express III Desktop chassis
- Power cord
- 0.7-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable
- ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt Connector Retainer Clip(2)
Support Knowledge Base
- When set to HDX compatibility mode, PCIe slots operate in PCIe 2.0 mode and the chassis’ bandwidth is limited to 1750 MB/s.
- ThunderLok 3 compatible specifically with Sonnet 0.5- and 0.7-meter Thunderbolt 3 cables; Sonnet 1- and 2-meter Thunderbolt 3 cables require ThunderLok 3L.
- While the Echo III Desktop features a 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface, some computers equipped with Thunderbolt 3 use an x2 PCIe lane implementation of Thunderbolt 3 technology that limits PCIe performance to 20Gbps.
- Full performance requires the use of the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, or comparable Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cables; look for the Thunderbolt icon AND the number 3 on the connector housings to identify these cables.
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 peripheral devices on Macs used with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter, sold separately.
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gb) or Gen 2 (10Gb) devices when connected with proper cable or adapter (sold separately).
- Assuming that a 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 connection is established, all Thunderbolt 3 computers support one 4K monitor directly attached to the pass-through Thunderbolt 3 port, without affecting PCIe bandwidth to the device. Using two 4K monitors or a single 5K monitor attached to the pass-through Thunderbolt 3 port reduces available PCIe bandwidth to the device. Two 4K monitors requires either: 1) for Thunderbolt 3 Macs or for Windows Thunderbolt 3 PCs that support two monitors—a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter; or 2) for Windows Thunderbolt 3 PCs that support two monitors—a 4K monitor with multi-stream transport support (DP out).
- Power supply will operate as low as 90VAC, with linear power derating from 400W @ 115VAC to 320W @ 90VAC.